India Don’t Have Anyone to Replace Mahendra Singh Dhoni: Glenn McGrath
While Duncan Fletcher has been sent feelers to quit as Team India coach, the Board of Control for Cricket in India has backed Mahendra Singh Dhoni to stay on. Fearsome Aussie fast bowler of the yesteryears Glenn McGrath says that there is no replacement for Dhoni at present and he would like to see Indian cricketers share the blame for the 3-1 Test humiliation in England with their skipper. Excerpts from an interview. Q: You are famous for making series predictions. After India's win at Lord's, would you have predicted a 3-1 winning scoreline for England? McGrath: Probably not. India were playing some decent cricket ...
Hyundai’s Compact SUV Launching Next Year – Official
With an eye on increasing market share in India, Korean auto majorHyundai is gearing up to enter the compact SUV and multi-purpose vehicle segments from next year. Buoyed by strong response to its newly launched hatchback Elite i20and success of compact sedan Xcent, the company's Indian arm Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) is also looking forward to a strong festive season sales. "From this year we have started entering segment where we are not present. We will continue to do this in the coming years to enter segments where we are not present currently," HMIL Vice President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI here. Earlier ...
Watch: recharge your mobile phone by shouting at it
You heard it right. Researchers are working on an experiment where sound energy could be harnessed to recharge batteries, including that of smartphones. Researchers at the Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) along with Nokia have actually succeeded in creating an energy-harvesting prototype that uses everyday background noise – such as traffic, music, and your own voice to charge a mobile phone. Which probably means that you could simple talk or shout at your handset for it to be charged. The louder you shout, the faster it gets charged. According to Dr Joe Briscoe, Post-Doctoral Research Assistant at the University, “Being able to ...
New Hyundai ‘Elite i20′ Revealed; Launch on August 11, 2014
The long wait for the much-anticipated new Hyundai i20 will soon be over. The Korean automaker has officially revealed the car ahead of its launch on August 11, 2014, while also commencing bookings for the hatchback from today. To be known as 'The Elite i20', the new model of the company's premium hatchback was designed at Hyundai Motor's Design Centre Europe in Russelsheim, Germany. The new-generation Hyundai i20 features the brand's 'Fluidic Sculpture 2.0' design philosophy, which gives it a completely new look. The front fascia of the car gets the company's new signature hexagonal grille and a new thin horizontal strip ...
- ‘Include linguistic minorities under government scholarship schemes’
- nter-collegiate football league from tomorrow
- Udupi District round up
- Udupi RTA revises bus fare
- Ebola: guidelines framed for secondary line of treatment
- ‘Mangalore varsity asked to discuss revamping of Under Graduate courses’
- Byndoor:Missing woman found dead in the river
- College students kept out of class by principal
- it seems that mad lady Sonia has just waken from her kumbhakarna sleep. She shou...
- Importance of six fastings of shawwal : Aboo Ayyoob al-Ansaaree narrated: All...
- Assalamu Alaikum...*****HAPPY EID MUBARAK TO ALL MY MUSLIM BROTHERS********** nI...
- Eid Mubarak to all Muslim brothers in UAE,Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries....
- Coward reaction from a true citizen of India who gave several medals to and made...