Korean car firm Ssang Yong challenging its better known rivals with Korando
South Korean car firm SsangYong has a clear goal with its affordable crossover the Korando – they want you to buy this instead of the Sportage from rival Kia, writes Simon Pluckrose. That is going to be no easy thing, though, as Kia has cemented itself as one of the top goto brands if you are looking for value for money. So then, what do SsangYong and UAE distributor National Auto have up their sleeve? Quite a lot actually. Firstly, they have a very good car. What initially struck me about the Korando is that it looks more rugged than a lot of its ...
Can I have your credit card PIN number, please?
It’s great you can now pay for your petrol with a credit card instead of cash. But – I was shocked to be asked for my credit card PIN number by an attendant who said he needed it to complete the transaction. Banks tell us never to give anyone our PIN number… so why are staff asking for it? He was surprised when I refused. I called my bank’s fraud department, who asked me to speak to the petrol station manager, rather than them taking any action!!! Patrick B, Dubai
Tata Zest: A Game Changer for Tata Motors
It's quite disheartening to see Tata Motors - a home-grown automaker - losing its ground to comparatively new entrants in the Indian market. But who is to blame than Tata itself, who shifted its focus to developing 'affordable cars' instead of capable cars. Design was the one area, which, I think, Tata never took seriously. Almost all their cars, from the Indica eV2 to Aria, share Tata's same old signature style despite having different platforms and dimensions. This has led Indian buyers to opt for newer brands even though most of Tata's competitors struggle with after-sales services. Just so you ...
40,000 of These Smartphones Sold in India in 4 Days
Asus took the wraps off its new ZenFone series of smartphones - ZenFone 4, ZenFone 5, andZenFone 6 - last week in India. It now seems Asus' latest tryst with Android smartphones for the Indian market is receiving an impressive response. The Taiwanese major has claimed that it sold 40,000 units of the ZenFone series within 4 days of its debut in Indian market. Notably, the ZenFone smartphone series has been launched online exclusively with Flipkart, while the handsets are also available from the company's authorised physical retail stores. Unfortunately, the company has not revealed the individual sales breakup of all three handsets in the ZenFone series. Commenting ...
- Kundapur:Pranav Adiga selected for state level ‘Impliar Award’ competition
- Man arrested for murdering neice
- Gangulli:Last rituals of Umain Moulana held on Wednesday evening
- Dubai businessman donates Rs.50000/- to Koteshwar ‘Sphoorthidhama’
- Mescom powerless with weak monsoon
- Mangalore:Airport staff affected by malaria decease
- Daily wage worker found dead at Ujire
- Two girls injured in Mangalore house collapse
- We wanted Gujrat Model since 2002. and just one pinch brings so much of anger. ...
- Since the Modis gujrat riots, the people of coastal districts were demanding and...
- إناّ لله وإناّ إليه راجعون May his soul rest in peace. "For every ‘Ummah’ (c...
- Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiwoon. May his soul rest in peace. May Almighty A...
- It is all due to excessive / unproductive staff and the FREE TICKETS allowed to...