Video: End of the world giant mysterious crater discovered
A vast crater discovered in a remote region of Siberia known to locals as "the end of the world" is causing a sensation in Russia, with a group of scientists being sent to investigate. The giant hole in the remote energy-rich Yamalo-Nenetsky region first came to light in a video uploaded to YouTube that has since been viewed more than seven million times. "The crater is enormous in size - you could fly down into it in several Mi-8s (helicopters) without being afraid of hitting anything," the person who posted the video, named only as Bulka, wrote. The crater is located in the ...
Korean car firm Ssang Yong challenging its better known rivals with Korando
South Korean car firm SsangYong has a clear goal with its affordable crossover the Korando – they want you to buy this instead of the Sportage from rival Kia, writes Simon Pluckrose. That is going to be no easy thing, though, as Kia has cemented itself as one of the top goto brands if you are looking for value for money. So then, what do SsangYong and UAE distributor National Auto have up their sleeve? Quite a lot actually. Firstly, they have a very good car. What initially struck me about the Korando is that it looks more rugged than a lot of its ...
Can I have your credit card PIN number, please?
It’s great you can now pay for your petrol with a credit card instead of cash. But – I was shocked to be asked for my credit card PIN number by an attendant who said he needed it to complete the transaction. Banks tell us never to give anyone our PIN number… so why are staff asking for it? He was surprised when I refused. I called my bank’s fraud department, who asked me to speak to the petrol station manager, rather than them taking any action!!! Patrick B, Dubai
Tata Zest: A Game Changer for Tata Motors
It's quite disheartening to see Tata Motors - a home-grown automaker - losing its ground to comparatively new entrants in the Indian market. But who is to blame than Tata itself, who shifted its focus to developing 'affordable cars' instead of capable cars. Design was the one area, which, I think, Tata never took seriously. Almost all their cars, from the Indica eV2 to Aria, share Tata's same old signature style despite having different platforms and dimensions. This has led Indian buyers to opt for newer brands even though most of Tata's competitors struggle with after-sales services. Just so you ...
- College students kept out of class by principal
- Kundapur:Pranav Adiga selected for state level ‘Impliar Award’ competition
- Man arrested for murdering neice
- Gangulli:Last rituals of Umain Moulana held on Wednesday evening
- Dubai businessman donates Rs.50000/- to Koteshwar ‘Sphoorthidhama’
- Mescom powerless with weak monsoon
- Mangalore:Airport staff affected by malaria decease
- Daily wage worker found dead at Ujire
- Eid Mubarak to all Muslim brothers in UAE,Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries....
- Coward reaction from a true citizen of India who gave several medals to and made...
- We wanted Gujrat Model since 2002. and just one pinch brings so much of anger. ...
- Since the Modis gujrat riots, the people of coastal districts were demanding and...
- إناّ لله وإناّ إليه راجعون May his soul rest in peace. "For every ‘Ummah’ (c...