Bengaluru police shoot two home burglary suspects in Vidyaranyapura
Bengaluru police shot and wounded two home burglary suspects at Sapthagiri Layout in Vidyaranyapura during the wee hours of Tuesday. The shootout took place around 5 am at Spatagiri Layout, when the officials were trying to stop the suspects. According reports, police inspector Punith had to open fire in self-defence as defiant suspects attacked and injured one of the officials with iron rod. The suspects have sustained gun injuries in their legs in the police firing and were rushed to Victoria hospital to treat their wounds. In the incident, police head-constable Nagabhushan sustained injuries, who has been admitted to a private hospital. The suspects ...
Indian Students Develop Vehicle That Delivers Mileage of 200Km/l
Three sixth semester mechanical engineering students here have designed and developed a prototype vehicle which runs more than 200 kilometres per litre of petrol. "It is a wonderful innovation and needs to be promoted considering the energy crisis and rising oil prices", said B. Anil, the Principal of Government Engineering College, Barton Hill, Thiruvananthapuram, to reporters, Wednesday. This prototype was shipped for the International Fuel Efficiency Contest, "Shell Eco Marathon", to be held at Philippines Feb 26 to March 1. "This is the only entry from Kerala for the competition in which more than 120 teams from 16 countries will take part," ...
Samsung to be the main processor supplier for Apple’s next iPhone: Report
Seoul: South Korea's Samsung Electronics will be the main supplier of processors powering Apple's next iPhone, Maeil Business Newspaper reported on Monday, citing unidentified sources in the semiconductor industry. Samsung will be responsible for around 75 per cent of the chip production for the next iPhone, the South Korean newspaper said. The newspaper did not say how much the contract is worth and what other company will be supplying Apple. Samsung will make the chips from its factory in Austin, Texas, according to the report. Samsung will make the chips from its factory in Austin, Texas, according to the report.
Beware, herbal products may not really be herbal
Herbal beauty enhancement creams being sold in some markets in Sharjah are banned by law and may pose serious health risks. Some herbal products being sold in a shop in Al Ghurair market in Rolla, Sharjah. — KT photo by M. Sajjad used for illustrative purpose only Sharjah — Banned and unapproved herbal medicines for sexual enhancement, hair growth and treating chronic illnesses such as diabetes and blood pressure are being sold in stores in Rolla and some other parts of Sharjah, Khaleej Times can reveal. Girl hospitalised after consuming herbal pills Dr Safia Al Khaja, Deputy Technical Director of Al Qasimi Hospital, said that recently, ...
- Complaint filed against VHP leader Bhat
- Malpe:Fish merchant robbed by masked men;7 Lac Rupees looted
- Villagers angry over slow pace of work
- Dharmasthala:2 Persons killed in road accident
- Udupi:Unidentified dead body found near service bus stand
- Man kills wife and commits suicide
- Manipal Doctor gets Clinical Visiting Fellowship at Queen Mary Hospital, HongKong
- Hindutva group determined to go ahead with conversion
- If the so called Christians have faith in Pope they should respect his sayings a...
- I agree with respected Pope on his view on expression freedom. Yes, there shoul...
- this is what indian media is doing who are hired by sangh parivars. Woh karen to...
- Just imagine , what would have happened if the arrested were muslims. The medi...
- book this bastard under goonda act and put him in jail for ever. he is a sick p...